Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

March 4, 1861

          I was inaugurated as president today! It was a bittersweet victory, yes I am in the highest office of the United States, but I am also facing the biggest crisis our country has ever faced, the destruction of the Union.  I've had to answer the same question over and over again, and no, secession is not legal.  Though the Constitution might say that it IS, the United States did not begin with the Constitution, it began with the Declaration of Independence, which said nothing about the right to secede, it said that the people had a right to form government, and I refuse to look at the states as the people as a whole.  Though I am facing this crisis, I am quite excited to be president, and my children are even more excited to move into the White House!

My Inauguration

No comments:

Post a Comment